The eFPGA includes the following features:
- 3200 4-inputs look-up tables (LUTs)
- Standard cell based to enable seamless generation from an RTL netlist
- Technology independent core (standard cell based)
- Fully integrated into standard RTL design flows
- Generated and programmed with ENSTA’s ArGen framework
IC’Alps was handed the responsibility of silicon implementation and prototyping, both needed to make a first demonstrator of ENSTA’s technology. The company was in charge of IC definition, foundry process selection, design (synthesis, floorplan, IO ring, place & route), design for testability, post layout simulations and verifications before launch in fabrication. IC’Alps took in charge the required supply chain management including selection of partners, fabrication, and package assembly.